The practice will:
· Treat patients with courtesy and respect.
· Respect your privacy and personal beliefs.
· Provide the best possible services.
· Give you access to your records.
· Try to give you an appointment with your preferred practitioner unless he/she is not available on the day, in which case we will offer you an appointment with the doctor with free appointments failing that we will offer you a Telephone consultation with the Duty doctor.
· We will endeavour to try to see you promptly otherwise notify you of possible delays.
· Give you an explanation of your treatment including any risks and alternatives before you agree to treatment.
· Try and deal with problems and complaints promptly.
We request that you:
· Treat staff with courtesy and respect.
· Arrive on time for your appointments. Let us know if you cannot keep your appointment so that it can be offered to someone else.
· Let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
· Be patient if there is a delay – most delays during consultations are due to clinical reasons and are unavoidable.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT & VALUES
Alexandra Surgery aims to provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous and cost effective manner. We will
· Provide a service which puts patients welfare at the heart of all we do
· Work within the framework of NHS PRIMARY CARE SERVICES to provide professional medical, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs of patients.
· Promote best practice through utilising specialist expertise within the practice team and externally and encouraging the continuous professional development of all members of the practice team.
· Nurture a culture which is innovative, forward looking and adaptable.
Caring for wellbeing in body, mind, spirit and relationships
· Conveying compassion in word and action
· Assessing and responding to needs
· Providing an appropriate range of services
· Maintaining a health promoting environment
· Showing courtesy
· Seeking to understand
· Treating all fairly
· Value each person as a unique individual
· Being especially supportive to the vulnerable
Working as a team
· Relating well within the team
· Valuing the contribution of each team member
· Building a mutually supportive environment
· Co-operating with other teams
· Encouraging responsible involvement by our patients
· Speaking and acting truthfully
· Being accountable for our actions
· Learning and improving
· Adapting to change
· Building on achievements
· Developing our services